Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Construction Days 43 to 46

Wa-Hoo Blog Tuesday.  Busy Week and its only Tuesday!

There aren't many obvious changes at the house since the last post.  Friday they finished almost all of the siding and soffit, and I'm still totally in love with the color :) They also taped and started mudding the drywall. 

My brother was in town with his family Sunday.  His wife is part of my mom's quilt group so her son and my brother hung out at our house while they were quilting.  We took them but to look at the house and the siding was almost done, a little more done than Friday, but not quite there yet.  John was amazed by the still wet drywall mud.  They got a little excited and there is a ton in every outlet box, so its constantly wet and play-doh consistency.  Like a good 2nd grader, John was amazed.  He made snakes and eggs and through them and hissed.  He had a great time.

Yesterday I went out and there was heavy equipment delivered.  HMMMMM.  I thought I was done with heavy equipment, my house is in the ground... Well... I was wrong.

Behind the house I find this:
Ahhhh septic, you are welcome.  Very, very welcome.  It's nice seeing where everything is getting put, I am planning on putting a dry set patio over this, shouldn't be a problem.
Drainage field is going in up top:
The closer, smaller trees in the back are the edge of our property line as well as were the road is. 
This photo was taken from our back deck, if you look WAY out there you can see a white dot a little left of center.  That is our well.  Our side property line runs right down beside that, you can see where the fence is up for the cows.  The cows aren't ours :(

And a beautiful picture of the finished siding:

It actually looks much lighter with direct light. I love my house, I can't wait for shutters and garage doors, and grass :)

After daily trip tonight I'm headed home to an empty house (for a while at leas) and I'm planning on making my first yarn wreath.  Watch out world, Em might have a new hobby :)

1 comment: