Friday, August 5, 2011

Two in a Row!!

Woooo Hooooo It's Friday!!!!! Today is day 43 of construction and I am elated to see what tonight's trip has in store for me. I picked up the Jeep yesterday, after a week in the shop she's all better :)

Update for day 42 of construction.

I was expecting to see changes, possibly big changes, possibly little changes. Possibly another delivery.  But I wanted to see changes.

As I pulled up I got giddy.  Like 3 year old getting her first Barbie themed tricycle.  This was what I saw as I pulled in from the road:
And then I pulled down to the garage like always and see this:
Well since there are two sides of the house left here they are:


I would have been totally thrilled if this was it.  That's a big change :) But I peered in the garage and knew that they had done more work on top of the siding.

The drywall is hung in the whole house.  It really makes everything fall into place now. And since I don't want to turn this in a million photo post I will include my favorite pictures of the house. 



The bathrooms are purple!!! They used special drywall that is mold resistant and its a different color.  I sorta like it :)

Well enjoy, that is all for today.  I'll be out there tonight to see if the siding is finished.

1 comment:

  1. I’m glad your crew wasn’t behind schedule on the 42nd day of the renovation. I hope they kept consistent ‘til the end of the project. That is one thing that frustrates a lot of homeowners. About the progress, I think it was a great idea to use a special drywall. Though it’s more expensive, you can be sure your house will be mold-free in the years to come. By the way, always keep that attitude in every aspect of your life. Not being too hopeful lets you see and feel things as they are. ;) Tyrone Speelman

    ReplyDelete